Fernando Alonso tested the Dakarov ToyotaMarch 28, 2019
Earlier this year, we were told that Fernando Alonso plans to test the Toyota Hilux, prepared to participate in the Dakar rally raid. Today, the Spaniard carried out his plans – Fernando sat behind the wheel of Hilux on tests in South Africa.
“The car is different from the ones I’m used to,” commented Fernando. – It allows much more: you can drive into stones, jump on uneven surfaces – the car responds well to all this. For rally drivers, this route may look like a smooth highway, but I did not think so. On some of the dunes, I just did not see where I was going, so I had to correctly estimate the speed.
I have learned a lot of new things. The machine is well balanced, has high grip and high power. She has very effective brakes – I liked it. I received only the first experience, I felt comfortable, although before the races I was told that it would be hot. In fact, the wheel turned out to be even more comfortable than I expected. I guess, for the time being, I’m just not going fast enough. ”
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup