Fernando Alonso tested the Dakarov ToyotaMarch 28, 2019
Earlier this year, we were told that Fernando Alonso plans to test the Toyota Hilux, prepared to participate in the Dakar rally raid. Today, the Spaniard carried out his plans – Fernando sat behind the wheel of Hilux on tests in South Africa.
“The car is different from the ones I’m used to,” commented Fernando. – It allows much more: you can drive into stones, jump on uneven surfaces – the car responds well to all this. For rally drivers, this route may look like a smooth highway, but I did not think so. On some of the dunes, I just did not see where I was going, so I had to correctly estimate the speed.
I have learned a lot of new things. The machine is well balanced, has high grip and high power. She has very effective brakes – I liked it. I received only the first experience, I felt comfortable, although before the races I was told that it would be hot. In fact, the wheel turned out to be even more comfortable than I expected. I guess, for the time being, I’m just not going fast enough. ”
- Volkswagen unveils 300 hp Atlas Cross Sport GT crossover powered by Golf R
- Bugatti has released the last copy of the Divo hypercar worth € 5 million
- Toyota issues a ban on the resale of the 2022 Land Cruiser SUV
- American startup may be more expensive than Tesla
- Toyota top manager called electric cars evil