Fernando Alonso successfully completed the first stage of Dakar 2020January 6, 2020
Fernando Alonso, two-time Formula 1 world champion, relatively successfully held his first career stage at the Dakar rally marathon.
The Spanish rider covered 319 km of combat distance in 3 hours and 34 minutes, finishing in 11th place among more than 80 riders. But the sensational winner, Lithuanian Vaidotas Zala on the Mini, Toyota racer lost 15 minutes. In part, this lag is due to several punctures. At least Alonso kept the car unscathed and outstripped even his team mate, the winner of the 2009 Dakar, Gignel di Villiers, who was his navigator in the first tests in April last year.
Before getting into the top ten world champion Formula 1 and WEC did not have a minute and a half.
- BMW officially confirmed the release of the BMW i4M in 2021
- BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021
- New Maserati Grecale SUV showed on renders
- BMW unveils new superbike BMW M 1000 RR
- Volvo electric cars will be built on the new Geely platform