Fernando Alonso rolled over at the beginning of his debut rally-raidSeptember 14, 2019
Two-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso began the combat part of his training program for Dakar with an accident.
This weekend, the Spaniard makes his debut in the rally-raid “Lichtenburg 400” in South Africa. He rides in the same carriage with five-time Dakar winner Mark Coma, who, in turn, will debut as a navigator.
And this double debut began with trouble. Even before the first control point of the 187-kilometer stage, Alonso’s crew turned over. They managed to continue participating, but 21 minutes were lost: 8 to return to the track and another 13 went to remove the damaged windshield.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X