Fernando Alonso is preparing for the tests Dakar ToyotaMarch 27, 2019
Two-time world champion of Formula 1 Fernando Alonso will soon get behind the wheel of a Toyota Hilux car, in which Nasser Al-Attiyah won the prestigious Dakar rally marathon in January of this year.
According to the publication RaceFans, citing its own sources, on Wednesday or Thursday, the Spanish driver will conduct tests in the North Cape Province of South Africa. The Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa trucks with equipment and equipment have already moved from the base in Kyalami into place.
Talk about Alonso’s interest in the debut at Dakar appeared at the end of last year, and tests in South Africa could be the first step for the Spaniard to try to repeat the achievement of Jacques Ix and Jean-Louis Schlesser, former Formula 1 riders who won the Dakar rally-raid .
- MINI confirms production of electric crossover
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer turned into an electric car
- Electric Kia Soul brought to the “moose test”
- The interior of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S has been improved
- Ferrari is testing a mysterious prototype