Fernando Alonso I understand the features of riding in the dunesAugust 25, 2019
Two-time world champion of Formula 1 Fernando Alonso completed the first tests in preparation for his debut in the Dakar rally marathon.
For three days in Namibia, the Spaniard drove almost a thousand kilometers in a Toyota Hilux car together with the 2009 Dakar winner Ginel de Villiers.
“I am very pleased with my progress in these tests and more and more I begin to understand the features of driving in the dunes,” Alonso quoted the press service of Toyota. – I still have a lot to learn, but working with such an experienced team as Toyota Gazoo Racing makes this task very easy. The team has a long list of achievements, and this allows me to concentrate on covering the maximum possible distance every day. ”
Ginel de Villiers added: “Fernando learns and adapts very quickly. If he continues in the same vein, then, I am sure, he will cope with difficulties on Dakar. His professional approach to this project speaks of his high discipline. I look forward to further cooperation with him. ”
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires