Fernando Alonso became the winner of the race “24 Hours of Le Mans”June 18, 2019
Former pilot and two-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonso won the Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race. Competitions ended at the circuit “Sart” in France. For the Spanish athlete this is the second victory in the “24 hours of Le Mans.” Alonso in the endurance race stands for the Toyota team. The crew also includes Sebastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima.
In second place is another Toyota crew consisting of Mike Conway, Kamui Kobayashi and Jose Maria Lopez. This team took the first place an hour before the finish, but was forced to enter the pit-stop because of a broken wheel. In the end, this turned out to be a lost victory for them.
“Our main goal was to win the championship. The race was not the best for us, and the Toyota crew was ahead of us. They also deserved to win, but fortune decreed otherwise and the trophy went to us, ”ESPN quotes Alonso.
- Aston Martin will sell a collection of three exclusive racing Vantage
- General Motors will pay dealers for refusing to sell electric cars
- Introduced VW Up! GTI from Vilner studio
- The cost of the children’s Bugatti Baby II was announced
- Mercedes showed off-road capabilities of the electric EQC 4×4²