FCA recalls 85 thousand pickups RAM 2500 and 3500February 15, 2020
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announces voluntary recall of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles vehicles.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) will launch a recall campaign starting March 14, affecting 64,590 Ram 2500 models and 19,612 Ram 3500 2019 and 2020 model years, according to the VIN codes specified in the corresponding appendix.
The reason for the recall was an increase in pressure and heat inside the transmission of the affected vehicles, which could cause transmission fluid to leak. In the event of a leak, transmission fluid may drip onto a turbocharger or “other ignition source in the engine compartment”, increasing the risk of fire.
FCA representatives will inform the owners of these models about the need to bring the vehicle to the nearest service center for free repair, which includes replacing the separation plate of the transmission valve housing and reprogramming the powertrain control module. In addition, owners can sign up for repairs on their own by first checking the list of VIN codes or using the online search.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI