Famous yellow school buses are actively replaced by electric buses in the USJuly 18, 2019
In the near future, the state authorities intend to replace 200 diesel school buses with more environmentally friendly vehicles.
The California State Energy Commission (US) has allocated almost $ 70 million to public schools, which should be spent on replacing more than 200 diesel school buses with new all-electric buses.
State authorities expect that replenishing the school electric bus fleet and completely eliminating diesel bus emissions will reduce the risk of respiratory diseases in children and generally reduce air pollution.
The exact cost of each new electric bus is unknown, but the commission estimates that schools will save about $ 120,000 in fuel and maintenance costs for one bus for 20 years. If the estimate is correct, then initially more expensive electric buses will fully pay off during the operational period.
In May of this year, it was reported that over the past year, the eLion school electric bus park in California was replenished with 40 units. This bus has a cruising range from 90 to 150 km on a single charge, depending on the configuration. All in all, 150 electric buses transport schoolchildren in this US state.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires