Experts rate the safety of the updated Genesis G90March 7, 2020
The recently updated Genesis G90 was crash tested at the Highway Safety Insurance Institute, and the large sedan managed to get the IIHS Top Safety Pick + award.
Top Safety Pick + is the highest IIHS rating. To get it, the new G90 had to get a “good” mark in all crash tests of the Institute: moderate overlap of the front bumper, slight overlap of the front of the car on the driver and passenger sides, as well as a side collision.
The models also gave a good mark for the tensile strength of the roof and the effectiveness of the headrest. In addition, the G90 automated emergency braking systems recorded excellent success in tests at 12 and 25 mph, and the pedestrian detection system also avoided the pedestrian getting into the test at low speed and successfully reduced the impact speed at high speed. Finally, the standard G90 LED headlights are well rated.
The G90 joins its G80 and G70 siblings in the 2020 Institute’s Top Safety Pick + winners list.
- Police will start sharing fines with informants
- Toyota Supra with Tesla filling in development
- Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix stopped due to terrible accident of Roman Grosjean
- Ford GT chief designer put his creation up for sale
- Hyundai and Kia fined for problem engines