Everyone closes their plants, and Suzuki is going to build a newMarch 24, 2020
In a difficult time for the whole world, many manufacturers stopped car factories on most continents: in Asia, Europe, North and South America. Meanwhile, Suzuki is going to build a new factory. It will be located in Myanmar.
According to the plans of the Japanese brand, the company will begin to operate in September 2021. Annual production is estimated at 40,000 cars. The plant will operate on a full assembly cycle (Complete knock-down, CKD). The volume of investments in the new enterprise is estimated at $ 109 million.
Suzuki already has production lines in Myanmar, but they operate on a semi-knocked-down (SKD) basis. Four models are produced on them: Carry, Ciaz, Ertiga and Swift.
In 2019, Suzuki produced 13,300 cars in Myanmar, an increase of 125% compared to 2018. The Japanese brand occupies 60.3% of the local market for new cars, so de facto it is a monopolist.
- MINI confirms production of electric crossover
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer turned into an electric car
- Electric Kia Soul brought to the “moose test”
- The interior of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S has been improved
- Ferrari is testing a mysterious prototype