European car market began recoveryJune 2, 2020
Analysts began to publish the first data on car sales in Europe in May, which is not very encouraging.
Compared to April, the amount of disaster is not so widespread. The pandemic is on the decline and many countries are gradually quarantining, car dealerships are opening. So, in France, demand compared to May 2019 slipped by 50%, to 96 thousand cars (in April it was −89% and 21 thousand). In Spain, the last spring month ended in a fall of 73% – to 34 thousand units against 97% in April. The preliminary result of May in the USA is a decline in sales by 25% instead of April 53%. But the Chinese car market is almost out of the crisis – about -2.5%.
The first data among car manufacturers was provided by the Hyundai brand. In May, 217,510 cars were sold worldwide – 39% less than in the same month last year (359 thousand). At the same time, demand in the home market in South Korea grew by 4.5% (to 71 thousand cars), but in other countries it fell almost 2 times (to 147 thousand).
- 2021 BMW M5 surprises with impressive design
- 2003 Honda Civic is sold at the cost of a new car
- Called the date of the start of sales of the new minivan Hyundai Custo
- Koreans have created a battery that will provide a range of 1000 km
- Images of a futuristic Suzuki car appeared on the network