Euro NCAP praised the safety of the Volkswagen ID.3 electric carOctober 21, 2020
The “firstborn” in the line of Volkswagen electric cars – the environmentally friendly hatchback ID.3 – received the highest score for safety according to the results of tests from Euro NCAP specialists.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric hatch underwent an extensive test drive, during which it managed to show high results in all tests prepared for it.
As a result, the battery-powered ID.3 earned the maximum five stars. For example, experts estimated the level of protection of the driver and his passengers, which the German automaker offered to customers, at 87%. Little passengers are also reliably protected – 89%. The percentage of pedestrian protection is slightly lower – 71 percent. But active safety assistants earned 88%.
The results of the crash tests of the German electric car of Euro NCAP specialists were encouraging. So, in their opinion, the concern for the environment, which is promoted by electric transport, should not affect the safety of cars.
- Named the debut date of the new Toyota Land Cruiser
- Testing spotted a prototype electric Audi Q4 E-Tron Sportback
- Porsche began testing the “high” version of the 911 sports car
- New renders of KIA Sportage 2022 model year appeared on the web
- Work on Nikola Badger electric pickup is suspended