Environmentalists saved from destruction the go-kart center of Michael SchumacherJanuary 21, 2020
The Michael Schumacher Karting Center in Kerpen will continue to exist, despite the fears of closure that appeared a couple of years ago.
It was at the kerodin in Kerpen that Michael, as then his younger brother Ralph, first got behind the wheel of a map. Also it was here that Sebastian Vettel achieved his first success in karting.
Already this year, a quarry for coal mining was to appear at the site of the complex. But thanks to the efforts of local ecologists, the territory was saved, according to the Kölner Express. This is due to the fact that, together with the karting center, a nearby nature protection zone should have been destroyed. Following environmental protests, coal miner RWE revised its plans.
Now the territory should be transferred back to the owners of the karting center, most of which is still owned by the Schumacher.
- Mahindra to Bring Formula E to India for Electric Vehicle Advertising
- Audi announced participation in Dakar
- European Honda CR-V left without gasoline engines
- New Praga R1 racing car presented
- Renault will release a budget analogue of the new generation Logan sedan