Elon Musk’s closest space tourism rival showed incredible footage from Earth’s orbitJanuary 16, 2021
Elon Musk’s closest competitor in space tourism, the rocket company Blue Origin, founded by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, has successfully launched an updated New Shepard rocket into space.
A video of the incredible views from space was posted on the company’s Twitter on January 15. During a test flight, a returnable rocket booster and a capsule for passengers were tested, according to the company’s website.
The company is working on a rocket for space tourists to look at Earth from space and experience microgravity.
The test rocket New Shepard was launched from West Texas on January 14. The crew capsule separated and headed for Earth orbit, and the launch vehicle successfully landed about two miles from the launch pad.
“After that, a few minutes later, the Skywalker dummy in the upgraded crew capsule landed with parachutes. It all took about 10 minutes from launch to soft landing of the capsule,” says the Blue Origin website.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web