Elon Musk spoke about testing the new Tesla autopilotAugust 16, 2020
The Tesla CEO said he barely interferes with the test version of the electric vehicle’s autopilot during home-to-work trips.
According to Elon Musk in June, engineers of the American company are working on a new version of the Autopilot system. The head of Tesla added that the program code of the autonomous driving system will be completely rewritten, and the technologies of neural networks will be widely used in the creation of a new one.
On August 14, Max announced that he was using a test alpha version of the new autopilot in his own car. He compared the transition to a new version of the system with a “quantum leap”. Almost zero driver intervention is required during the route from home to work, he said. Expanded testing of the new version of the autopilot will begin in 6-10 weeks, and by the end of 2020 Musk expects to implement a fully autonomous driving function.
- Charged Ford Mustang Mach-E GT arrives in Europe
- Porsche 911 GT3 will debut in January 2021
- Audi is preparing a hybrid version of the Audi R8
- Mulliner officially unveils three refined Bentley models
- First live images of Audi Q5 Sportback published