Elon Musk lost $ 14 billion in a day and ceased to be the richest on the planetJanuary 12, 2021
Tesla owner Elon Musk lost $ 14 billion in just one day and is no longer the richest person on the planet.
This is reported by Forbes. Tesla shares plunged 7%, pushing Musk’s equity to $ 176.2 billion. “He is now roughly $ 6 billion behind Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who is worth $ 182.1 billion. Amazon shares are down more than 2%,” the publication said.
Thanks to the skyrocketing Tesla stock prices, Musk’s fortune has increased by about $ 150 billion since March 2020. Tesla shares are up over 720% in 2020 and are already up another 12% in the first week of 2021.
Despite Musk’s fall, he is still roughly $ 20 billion richer than the world’s third-wealthiest person, French tycoon Bernard Arnault (who is now worth $ 154.6 billion).
Musk, 49, owns a fifth of Tesla.
- This heavily modified BMW i8 Roadster costs $ 140,000
- In Brazil, a warehouse of 96 Chevrolet cars from the 90s was found in one shed
- DAMD tuning studio unveils updated Daihatsu Taft with Land Rover Defender design
- Chevy, Ford and Toyota Prepare 3 Race Car Debuts for NASCAR
- Mercedes-Benz has started deliveries of the premium Actros Edition 2 truck