Elon Musk is going to open an insurance company for Tesla ownersJuly 26, 2020
The American company Tesla is about to launch a large insurance company for its customers.
This information was announced by the co-founder and CEO of the company during a meeting with investors. Tesla plans to use information from the on-board computers of its electric cars about driving style. Based on this data, the automaker will identify the likelihood of a driver getting into an accident and calculate a personal insurance rate for him. So, the more aggressive the driving style, the more expensive the insurance will be. Note that the first time Tesla announced its own insurance at the end of last summer.
The project, which was launched in California, Musk promised to expand in the future to the rest of the states. The company’s clients were offered a 20% discount, but despite this, the majority of electric car owners said that the price of insurance was higher than that of other insurers.
- GAC to Unveil GAC Enpulse Sports Coupe Concept in Beijing
- Ford will put five electrified car devices on the assembly line in Canada
- Announced 1100-horsepower Tesla Model S Plaid
- Kia unveils updated 2021 Stinger sports liftback
- BMW plans to seriously update its lineup