Electric Rivian R1T pickup truck removed while driving on autopilotFebruary 2, 2021
The all-electric Rivian R1T pickup was recently filmed while driving on public roads on autopilot.
One of the videos shows that the prototype driver does not hold the steering wheel. This indicates that the model’s autonomous driving system is already so advanced that the driver can afford to use it while driving on the highway in a traffic jam.
Note that the startup Rivian at one time abandoned the use of third-party solutions in the field of autonomous control, and began to develop its own autopilot. The complex was named Driver + – it is able to autonomously regulate the speed of an electric car, the direction of its movement and being within the same lane.
In another video, the Rivian R1T is seen next to the Tesla Model X. It should be said that the newest car is noticeably larger than its predecessor. It is worth recalling here that the Model X is 5 meters long. In addition, a video was published in which the CEO of the startup uses the pickup for its intended purpose – off-road, which the car copes with quite easily.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts