Electric Peugeot 208 is in high demandOctober 4, 2019
The French automaker planned that about 10% of the sales of the new Peugeot 208 will be on the e-208 version, but this figure can be much higher.
“Of the 40 thousand vehicles announced for Europe, we received half of the e-208. A quarter of the pre-orders we received went to the electric e-208, ” – said Jean-Philippe Imparato on October 1.
The top manager admitted that it’s too early to say whether the sales volume of the Peugeot e-208 is much higher than what the company originally planned, or whether this higher pace is due to the high percentage of early users who usually choose new technologies.
To attract customers to the e-208, Peugeot focuses on the total cost of owning a car, which, according to the company, corresponds to the 130-horsepower 1.2-liter Peugeot 208 petrol version equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
“One of the advantages of the e-208 is that its residual value experts tell us that our electric car’s figure is 2,000 euros higher than that of the gasoline model,” – Imparato said.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station