Electric hatchback Nissan Leaf will turn into a crossover for leadership in EuropeJuly 19, 2021
Nissan has decided that the updated iconic Nissan Leaf electric car will turn into a crossover. A decision that a priori seems very risky, but it makes sense if you analyze the sales figures.
Nissan is no stranger to all of the changes that will take place in the European auto industry in the coming years. The brand has announced an off-road electric Leaf project.
The Nissan Leaf as we know it will not have a continuity. The concern decided to replace its popular model with a new compact SUV.
The car will be built at the refurbished Sunderland plant on the CMF-EV platform. This architecture will also be used by Renault after its market launch in 2024.
The Leaf is considered a traditional compact hatchback, with the available cabin space bringing it closer to a compact minivan. The second-generation market launch was a major boost for Leaf sales in Europe, reaching nearly 40,000 units in 2018. The sales of the model in the European market remained stable in 2019 and in the turbulent 2020. In this regard, motorists will appreciate the updated version in the crossover body.
Read also that the updated compact van Nissan NV200 Vanette was presented in Japan.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV