Electric crossover Volkswagen ID.5 will be sold only in EuropeNovember 20, 2020
Automobilwoche reports this with reference to the head of the electric vehicle department Thomas Ulbrich.
In 2021, Volkswagen will begin selling another electric model, the Volkswagen ID.5 crossover. It is noted that the start of sales will take place only in the European market, at least in the first years. This decision was influenced by the popularity of the ID.4 model, which will be the main electric car of the brand in the coming years.
Recall that the Volkswagen ID.4 will also go on sale in 2021. The vehicle will be assembled at the Zwickau plant in Germany, at the Anting and Foshan plants in China, and in Chattanooga, USA. Of course, this model will be sold all over the world.
In addition, the youngest model in the company’s electric lineup, the Volkswagen ID.3, is already on sale in Europe and will soon go on sale in China, but it is considered too small for the North American market to be successfully sold in the US.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles