Electric crossover BMW iNext spotted on testsAugust 4, 2020
Several prototypes of a future electric SUV spotted in tests
BMW iNext will differ significantly from the concept model shown earlier. The car will receive a familiar body shape, reminiscent of other models of the concern.
From the illustrations, the front end design will be less aggressive than the BMW 4 Series or X7. Several radars and cameras will be placed on the front panel, which will provide the new product with the 3rd level of automatic control.
The photo shows the horizontal air intakes in the front bumpers and a pronounced front spoiler. The rear door with a wide opening was supplemented with a small wing. The look is complemented by 21-inch aerostyle wheels.
BMW iNext will receive a fifth-generation eDrive electric powertrain. It will consist of an electric motor with a capacity of about 530 hp. and a lightweight battery with an energy capacity of 80 kWh, which will cover a distance of 640 km. Thanks to the powerful engine and the e-AWD all-wheel drive system, the crossover will be able to accelerate to the first “hundred” in less than 4 seconds.
The series production of the BMW iNext is expected to start early next year.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup