Electric cars can be recharged in six minutesSeptember 3, 2019
A startup at Cambridge University claims that the revolutionary technology he developed will allow electric cars to be charged in just 6 minutes.
Jean de la Verpillier, founder of the startup Echion Technologies, said his team was able to develop a chemical powder with an unbreakable composition that could replace graphite inside lithium-ion battery cells. The new element will significantly increase the charging speed.
According to the inventor, using an innovative powder it will be possible to reduce the charge time of an electric vehicle from 45 to 6 minutes. As a result, this procedure will take about the same time as the fuel tank lasts on a regular machine. In addition to the innovativeness of the technology itself, the inventors claim that the powder can be easily integrated into existing traction battery production lines.
- Look at the drift of an unmanned Toyota Supra
- Hyundai is preparing to debut new Custo minivan
- Rolls-Royce is preparing to introduce the first production electric car
- New Honda HR-V will debut February 18
- New Citroen e-Berlingo van goes on sale in late 2021