Electric BMW i4 ready for battle with Tesla and PolestarMarch 1, 2019
BMW is preparing for serial production of the all-electric i4 model, because the Tesla Model 3 is no longer the only model in the segment after the recent release of the Polestar 2.
Visually, the new i4 is similar to the model 4 Series GC, including the hatchback body for greater practicality and similar design solutions in the exterior, including the wings.
However, you should not expect that the BMW i4 will look like a 4 Series Gran Coupe, since the Bavarians have already switched to a new design language, which means different profile lines, different headlights and taillights, another grille.
BMW i4 is built on the CLAR platform, and customers will be able to choose between models with rear and all-wheel drive. The basic version will use the front electric motor driving the rear wheels, while the all-wheel drive version will receive two electric motors for each axle.
As for power and range of a run on a single charge, BMW’s goal is to drive i4 up to 700 kilometers on a single charge and show the best acceleration up to 100 km / h in its class, which means a figure of about 3-4 seconds.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos