Electric analogue of the Land Rover Defender from Volkswagen will appear in 2025August 27, 2020
Volkswagen unveiled the ID Buggy concept at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, and the company was reportedly planning to launch it.
The plans for the production of an electric SUV were not destined to come true – the main reason was the bankruptcy of e.Go Mobile, which was used to create several copies of the model. Despite this, Car Magazine has learned that Volkswagen has decided to build an electric SUV that will be inspired by the ID Buggy concept. That being said, the project is not entirely new, as it reportedly takes its name in 2016 and is codenamed RUV, which stands for “rugged SUV.”
The model is considered Herbert Diess’s “favorite project” and will reportedly go into production in 2025. Little is known about the vehicle at this point, but it is described as a niche model similar to the electric Land Rover Defender. However, it can become more accessible and targeted at “young people living in nature”.
At the moment, there is no information on the characteristics of the future model, but apparently, the serial electric SUV will be built on the MEB platform and use at least two electric motors to provide all-wheel drive.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets