Einride began testing autonomous truck on Swedish roadsMay 17, 2019
A T-Pod vehicle is an autonomous container placed on wheels. Pilot project started in Sweden. Einride is currently testing a truck on a small stretch of road in an industrial area.
The company is trying to commercialize autonomous technologies in the field of cargo transportation. In Einride, they note that the first legally fired on the road completely autonomous truck. It should be noted that there is no driver in the T-Pod who can take control in an emergency. However, electronics is responsible for safety, with the help of which the truck is remotely controlled by the operator. It is assumed that this system will continue in the early production models.
In a fully electric mode, the T-Pod can go about 200 km. It is advisable to use it at medium-range distances, which removes trucks from the list of its competitors, on which many companies are working, including Tesla with the Semi model.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests