Dusty Mercedes sells for $ 1.095 millionApril 21, 2020
An American family inherited a garage in Indiana, in which they found a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL roadster of the 1960s. The new owners decided to sell a rare car. For its implementation took the company specializing in this car. $ 1.095 million is planned to be gained per time capsule.
The previous owner purchased the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL in 1976 and then, almost immediately, for unnamed reasons, left the roadster in the garage for a very long time. In the current period, the mileage of the coupe is 14,558 miles (23,429 km).
In 1960, they released 249 300 SL roadsters, and the found instance from the enterprise had a rare blue-gray hue. But one of the previous owners repainted the car in gray, and the blue interior changed to black. If not for this fact, at the moment the cost of a 2-door would be even higher.
A total of 1,458 German 300 SL roadsters rolled off the assembly line. Their production was carried out from 1957 to 1963, and they had a standard 215-strong “six” with a volume of 3.0 liters under the hood – this is the debut serial 4-stroke unit, which has direct fuel injection.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests