Dusty Mercedes sells for $ 1.095 millionApril 21, 2020
An American family inherited a garage in Indiana, in which they found a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL roadster of the 1960s. The new owners decided to sell a rare car. For its implementation took the company specializing in this car. $ 1.095 million is planned to be gained per time capsule.
The previous owner purchased the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL in 1976 and then, almost immediately, for unnamed reasons, left the roadster in the garage for a very long time. In the current period, the mileage of the coupe is 14,558 miles (23,429 km).
In 1960, they released 249 300 SL roadsters, and the found instance from the enterprise had a rare blue-gray hue. But one of the previous owners repainted the car in gray, and the blue interior changed to black. If not for this fact, at the moment the cost of a 2-door would be even higher.
A total of 1,458 German 300 SL roadsters rolled off the assembly line. Their production was carried out from 1957 to 1963, and they had a standard 215-strong “six” with a volume of 3.0 liters under the hood – this is the debut serial 4-stroke unit, which has direct fuel injection.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles