Dusan Borkovic suspended from participation in the European TCR until the end of the yearJuly 17, 2019
Serbian pilot Dusan Borkovic completed the 2019 season ahead of schedule in the European TCR series after a scandal last weekend at the Red Bull Ring.
The 2015 ETCC champion, in the second race of the weekend, ran into Nelson Panchiatichi and after returning to the paddock went to sort things out with the Frenchman. The team members blocked the way to the opponent’s car, but Borkovic, as the stewards said in a statement, pushed one of them, and a woman, onto the hood, and then began to break the front left door to get to Panchiatici. It turned out that he was mistaken in the car and went up to his partner, Nathan Beel. From the punishment of the raging Serb did not save it – he was disqualified. And on Tuesday, the organizers reported that Borkovic was suspended from participation in the European TCR series until the end of the season.
In part, this decision is due to the fact that in September last year in Monza, the tall racer [207 cm] also gave a fight and broke his opponent’s nose.
“This decision was not easy for us, but we had no choice. “We couldn’t stay away,” – said promoter of the Paulo Ferreira series. – Appropriation must not go unpunished, especially if it occurs in front of fans and journalists.
Drivers are role models for people who want to be in motorsport. Therefore, we do not approve of aggressive behavior. ”
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI