Ducati Multistrada 1260 recall due to problems with the side standDecember 9, 2019
The Ducati Diavel line usually had problems with the side stand, but the new tip touched the Ducati Multistrada 1260 turnduro. At least Ducati NA (North America) is recalling the Multistrada 1260 / 1260S / Pikes Peak 2018.
Total recall 493 motorcycles. These models are produced at one factory, so factory defects are global in nature. However, not all countries can withdraw.
The problem is due to a defect caused by the manufacturing process of the Ducati Multistrada 1260 motorcycle side stand supplier. According to recall documents, the incorrect weld seam of the stand base tube with a stamped part makes the part unreliable. The stand can actually break in the weld area, resulting in the risk of a parked motorcycle falling over.
The problem is solved only by replacing the part.
- Lotus will unveil a new sports car this summer
- 2022 BMW X4 M prototype spotted during winter trials
- Lancia will become Stellantis’ premium brand
- Grenadier plant to be relocated to Europe
- Ford renews Thunderbird trademark