DTE-Systems atelier finalized Toyota GR YarisJanuary 19, 2021
German tuners from DTE-Systems have increased the power of the already uprated 1.6-liter 3-cylinder turbocharged Toyota GR Yaris engine. The premiere of this modification, we recall, took place in January 2020.
According to Tuningblog, DTE-Systems has increased the engine output of the sports hatchback from 272 to 310 hp, while its torque has increased from 353 to 398 Nm. The company installs a special PedalBox wired key fob into the interior of the car, with which it is possible to switch the firmware of the engine control unit, as a result of which the turbocharging pressure and, as a result, its performance change. You can also change the engine power using a smartphone and a proprietary application – it can be connected to the key fob using Bluetooth.
How the dynamic characteristics of the GR Yaris changed after tuning were not reported. With a factory-spec engine, the hatchback sprints from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.5 seconds. The maximum speed is electronically limited to 230 km / h.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web