DTE-Systems atelier finalized Toyota GR YarisJanuary 19, 2021
German tuners from DTE-Systems have increased the power of the already uprated 1.6-liter 3-cylinder turbocharged Toyota GR Yaris engine. The premiere of this modification, we recall, took place in January 2020.
According to Tuningblog, DTE-Systems has increased the engine output of the sports hatchback from 272 to 310 hp, while its torque has increased from 353 to 398 Nm. The company installs a special PedalBox wired key fob into the interior of the car, with which it is possible to switch the firmware of the engine control unit, as a result of which the turbocharging pressure and, as a result, its performance change. You can also change the engine power using a smartphone and a proprietary application – it can be connected to the key fob using Bluetooth.
How the dynamic characteristics of the GR Yaris changed after tuning were not reported. With a factory-spec engine, the hatchback sprints from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.5 seconds. The maximum speed is electronically limited to 230 km / h.
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km
- Cupra has released a demonstration teaser of a relative of VW ID.3 – the new Born EV
- The Genesis G80 and GV80 are aggressively undermining rivals BMW and Mercedes at launch in Europe
- KIA unveils first images of revamped 2022 K900 sedan
- Hyundai begins testing its i20 N hybrid WRC 2022