Drag racing: Toyota Supra vs. BMW Z4July 8, 2019
The latest generation Toyota Supra is built on the same platform as the BMW Z4. Cars received almost identical trim, similar infotainment systems.
Under the hood is the same 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder BMW B58 engine, which is paired with an eight-speed ZF automatic gearbox, directing power to the rear axle. The engine generates 335 hp (250 kW), while the torque reaches 500 Nm. However, for racing was taken American BMW Z4, whose power is slightly higher – 382 hp (285 kW).
The main difference between the models – the type of body. So, the Supra is a coupe, and the Z4 is a roadster. At the same time due to the folding mechanism of the roof of the BMW Z4 was 40 kg heavier.
The video shows on which side the advantage in a straight line race.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web