Drag racing: Toyota Supra vs. BMW Z4July 8, 2019
The latest generation Toyota Supra is built on the same platform as the BMW Z4. Cars received almost identical trim, similar infotainment systems.
Under the hood is the same 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder BMW B58 engine, which is paired with an eight-speed ZF automatic gearbox, directing power to the rear axle. The engine generates 335 hp (250 kW), while the torque reaches 500 Nm. However, for racing was taken American BMW Z4, whose power is slightly higher – 382 hp (285 kW).
The main difference between the models – the type of body. So, the Supra is a coupe, and the Z4 is a roadster. At the same time due to the folding mechanism of the roof of the BMW Z4 was 40 kg heavier.
The video shows on which side the advantage in a straight line race.
- Dodge Demon staged a desert race with the new Toyota Supra
- Mazda will present at the Los Angeles Auto Show several new models
- BMW confirms support for Jaguar Land Rover
- All-wheel drive Fiat 500X Sport Edition will show in Los Angeles
- New MINI JCW GP and SE debut in Los Angeles