Donald Trump calls for banning Goodyear tiresAugust 21, 2020
On his Twitter account, the President of the United States announced a boycott of Goodyear tires.
Recently, information appeared in the American media that US President Donald Trump urged citizens of the country not to use tires manufactured by Goodyear. Reportedly, the scandal is connected with the fact that the management of the company forbade its employees to wear caps with the inscription “Make America Great Again”, and as we remember, these words belong to the President of the United States.
Note that the ban on wearing hats with the appropriate inscription was associated with corporate training on tolerance, as a result of which the company placed the phrase “Let’s make America great again” in the list of prohibited among employees.
In turn, Trump promised in the near future to order to remove the Goodyear tires from his Cadillac limousine, and replace them with tires of another brand. It is worth noting that the company’s shares fell sharply after the publication of the message by the US President.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed