Dodge dragster with 11000 horsepower engine introducedJuly 23, 2019
The car for the American NHRA racing series stylized Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Two-time NHRA champion (National Hot Rod Association) Matt Hagan showed his new dragster, inspired by Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody. A key component of the car was a 8.1-liter engine that develops 11,000 horsepower and runs on rocket fuel.
With such a power plant, the dragster can accelerate to 545 kilometers per hour in just under 3.8 seconds, with an overload of 4.0 g. A feature of the motor is the absence of a liquid cooling system – its operation time is so short that it can do without it.
The engine runs on a mixture, 90 percent consisting of nitromethane and 10 percent – from alcohol. The advantages of such a fuel over gasoline are the ability to produce 2.3 times more energy and a strong cooling effect when changing from a liquid to a gaseous state. For one race Funny Car burns up to 75 liters of fuel.
Dragster “decorated” in the style of the recent Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody: pasted stickers that mimic the grille and front optics in the style of a road sports car.
With the Widebody Package “commodity”, the 717-hp Dodge Charger SRT has a different design, in particular, extended body panels, 20-inch wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires and Brembo brakes. With such equipment, the Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody turned out to be 2.1 seconds faster than its predecessor on a three-kilometer stretch.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers