Disclosed the dynamics of the record holder Renault Megane RS Trophy-RJuly 5, 2019
This hot hatch has become the fastest front wheel drive car in the Nurburgring.
Renault has announced the release of a limited edition track hatchback Renault Megane RS Trophy-R, which is certified for ordinary roads. In addition, there are details about the dynamic characteristics of this model.
The new generation Renault Megane RS Trophy-R, which drove the “North loop” in a record 7 minutes and 40.100 seconds, is equipped with a 300-horsepower 1.8-liter turbo engine. The power plant provides a hot hatch to accelerate from zero to 100 kilometers per hour in 5.4 seconds, which is 0.3 seconds faster than the RS Trophy version.
For the development of new items responsible sports unit Renault Sport, which collaborated with partners of the brand: Akrapovič, Brembo, Bridgestone, Öhlins and Sabelt. Such a hatchback differs from the mentioned RS Trophy in extreme chassis settings, modified aerodynamics and a mass reduced by 130 kilograms. A solid carbon fiber diffuser at the rear provides additional downforce for the car, while optional carbon fiber 19-inch Fuji Light wheels make the hot hatch another eight kilograms lighter.
The model will appear on the market in the amount of 500 copies, 30 of which will be made right-hand drive for sales in the UK. The novelty will be available for order in August. Prices in the company have not yet announced.
[supsystic-slider id=1050 position=”center”]
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system