Details became known about the racing Chevrolet Corvette C8.ROctober 11, 2019
The presentation of the racing variation of the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R was held this month. Now there is information about the technical characteristics of a sports car.
So, the Corvette C8.R will be powered by a 5.5-liter naturally aspirated V8 engine with a capacity of 510 hp. These performance requirements are presented by the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar, where the sports car will perform.
Unlike a simple variation, the racing modification received a stiffer chassis. In addition, the 8-speed automatic transmission was replaced by a 6-speed Xtrac gearbox, which freed up a back seat for a massive diffuser. And in front of the sports car there was only a radiator, while in a conventional car there is a luggage compartment.
The novelty received bright headlights and 18-inch wheels with Michelin tires. In addition, the cars were equipped with a safety cage, a large rear wing, a special body kit and racing seats.
The machine is offered in two body colors – silver with yellow accents and a yellow shade with silver accents. The Chevrolet Corvette C8.R is due to debut at the 24 Hours of Daytona marathon in early 2020.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant