Declared contenders for the title of “Green” car of the year “February 8, 2019
The organizer of the WCOTY contest announced the main contenders for the title of the most eco-friendly car of the year. It includes five models that debuted between the fall of 2017 and the fall of 2018. The winner will be announced at the New York Auto Show, which will be held in April 2019. The choice will be made by the jury, which includes 85 journalists from 20 countries of the world.
The list of competitors looks like this:
Honda Clarity PHEV
Kia Niro EV
It includes five models, of which three are fully electric cars. It should be noted that the Honda Clarity was the only Japanese car on the list, although in the autumn there were hybrid Toyota RAV 4 and Avalon, Lexus ES and UX, and also Honda Insight among the applicants.
Over the past three years, the winners in this category have become Toyota Mirai, Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires