Declared contenders for the title of “Green” car of the year “February 8, 2019
The organizer of the WCOTY contest announced the main contenders for the title of the most eco-friendly car of the year. It includes five models that debuted between the fall of 2017 and the fall of 2018. The winner will be announced at the New York Auto Show, which will be held in April 2019. The choice will be made by the jury, which includes 85 journalists from 20 countries of the world.
The list of competitors looks like this:
Honda Clarity PHEV
Kia Niro EV
It includes five models, of which three are fully electric cars. It should be noted that the Honda Clarity was the only Japanese car on the list, although in the autumn there were hybrid Toyota RAV 4 and Avalon, Lexus ES and UX, and also Honda Insight among the applicants.
Over the past three years, the winners in this category have become Toyota Mirai, Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf.
- Cupra Formentor will receive a cyclist detection function
- Chief Process Engineer becomes the new CEO of Lotus
- Polestar releases wireless update for Polestar 2
- Future GAC electric cars will get BlackBerry driving assistance technology
- Volkswagen designer predicted the rise in popularity of colorful cars