Dakar has started!January 5, 2020
January 4, in the ancient city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, the international Dakar rally marathon kicked off. 342 vehicles – 144 motorcycles, 23 ATVs, 83 cars, 46 SxS and 46 trucks – went to the start. Among the riders are representatives of 68 countries. Most of the French – 109, in second place the Spaniards – 75 – including Fernando Alonso, and the Dutch – 50 athletes.
The starting ceremony took time – the first motorcyclist went to the race at 14:00, and the last truck after midnight. Ahead of the first stage – 752 kilometers in the vicinity of the coastal city of Yanbu, including a special stage of 319 km. At the first stage, a large difference in altitude – racers will rise to a height of 2000 meters above sea level near the Jabal Radva nature reserve.
Dakar will finish on January 17th.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X