Daimler intends to cut about 15 thousand jobs due to lossesFebruary 10, 2020
The fact that the concern’s specialists will fall under large-scale reduction became known last year. Now, the media are calling new numbers.
Daimler continues to puzzle over cost reductions. On the eve of information in specialized publications, information appeared that the German company was going to cut about 15 thousand jobs. Although previously called a slightly smaller figure. The latest news about Daimler was shared by the German business newspaper Handelsblatt.
Recall that in November 2019, the media wrote that within a few years (by the end of 2022), the Germans would reduce 10 thousand jobs. Such a radical step will help the company save about 1.4 billion euros, which will be spent on the development of innovative technologies.
It is known that the leadership of Daimler plans to talk about the measures they have chosen to reduce costs at the next annual conference. So, for example, the concern wants to revise its investment strategy, reducing investments in those projects that are already causing losses.
- Rare 47-year-old BMW Turbo will go under the hammer for $ 140,000
- First prototype battery with five minutes charge received
- Toyota Raize becomes Japan’s best-selling crossover in 2020
- Blizzard in Japan leads to large-scale accident
- Tesla opens first service center in Hainan, China