Dacia introduced a compact electric car SpringMarch 3, 2020
Brand Dacia, which is a “daughter” of Renault, organized an online presentation of its own conceptual model of Spring. The novelty, named in honor of the “spring” that has arrived the other day, is aiming at the most affordable European electric cars.
The details, however, are still not very many. Their characteristics, for example, are known only for the cruising range – 200 km per charge, but the battery capacity, charging time, as well as performance and engine configurations in Dacia did not declassify.
Judging by the appearance of Dacia Spring, the prototype could be based on the Renault Twingo Z.E. serial electric hatchback, which has an 80-horsepower electric motor and a 22-kilowatt battery pack. So, it is likely that the prototype could have acquired exactly the same units.
The serial prospects of the new product are still vague, however, given the growing popularity of electric vehicles in Europe, the wide capabilities of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance and the expected low cost, the spring Dacia may become one of the most popular models of its own segment.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious