Cupra will make Leon’s hatchback a hot hybrid.April 9, 2019
Next year, Seat will introduce a new generation of Leon hatchbacks, and confirmed that not only standard models will be offered with a rechargeable hybrid powerplant, but also sports Cupra will also receive hybrid engines.
According to the owls of Seat executive director Luke de Meo, the new generation Leon will be equipped with a rechargeable hybrid power plant capable of squeezing 242 horsepower at 50 grams of CO2 emissions per kilometer.
The same information was confirmed by Cupra boss Wayne Griffiths, who said that the same engine will have a Cupra Leon model, which is less than 296 horses of the current sports version of the hatchback. However, most likely, customers will be offered a version with a more powerful internal combustion engine.
The fourth-generation Seat Leon will be based on the upgraded MQB platform from the VW Group, which allows you to equip cars with rechargeable hybrid powerplants. In Leon, it will allow you to travel up to 50 kilometers only by electric.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors