Cupra unveils its new electric hatchback Cupra Born on videoApril 8, 2021
The manufacturer has started the final tests of its Cupra Born.
Cupra recently posted a video with its new electric hatchback Cupra Born. In the video, the manufacturer shows how the car drifts on a frozen lake. During the tests, the brand’s engineers strive to check the performance of all systems of the electric vehicle, as well as how well the climate system copes with the cold.
Technically, the new Cupra Born will repeat its big brother Volkswagen ID.3. The car will receive a 77 kW / h battery, which will allow the novelty to travel up to 500 kilometers on a single charge. At the start of sales, the car will be powered by a single 201 hp electric motor located on the rear axle. Later, more powerful all-wheel drive versions are expected to appear.
At the same time, some of the technologies of the new Cupra Born will be borrowed from Porsche. For example, the Boost system, which can briefly increase the output of the car’s power plant, or the Dynamic Chassis Control sports suspension, which will allow the Cupra Born to handle better than the Volkswagen ID.3.
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web
- Daimler will switch to shortened working hours for about 18,500 workers
- European Union will tighten economic standards