Cupra coupe-crossover will present this springFebruary 5, 2019
Already this spring, the SEAT sports sub-brand can present its first independent model. Information about the new product is still very small and almost all of it is obtained from unofficial sources. But its credibility convinces us several reputable sources, including the British Autocar and the Spanish Caranddriver.
According to these publications, the novelty will appear before the public already this spring at the Geneva Motor Show. The car will receive a very fashionable recently coupe-shaped body, but will be positioned as a fast and powerful five-seater crossover. Most likely, the new SUV will be named in honor of the Terramar race track, opened in 1923 near Barcelona.
The crossover will be based on the modular MQB platform, which is already used on other SEAT SUVs: Ateca and Tarraco. As for the powerplant crossover under the brand Cupra, there are not so many options. Most likely, under the hood of the coupe-cross will be installed the same 300-strong “turbo”, as on the Ateca Cupra. The gearbox is a “robot” with two clutches.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup