Cupra Ateca received a tuned versionMarch 6, 2020
Specialists from the tuning studio ABT have worked to increase engine power and improve the chassis.
German tuning studio ABT Sportsline upgraded the Cupra Ateca crossover. The version taken as a basis already had a rather powerful engine – its return was 300 hp. Masters from ABT are famous for their ability to “squeeze” the maximum out of power plants. Using the proprietary update package ABT Power Performance Upgrade, it was possible to increase the output of the 2.0-liter engine by 50 hp. up to 350 hp respectively. Maximum torque increased from 400 to 440 Nm.
After the upgrade, test car rides were conducted. As a result, the acceleration time to 100 km / h was reduced by 0.2 seconds compared with the serial version of the cross. Now the car spends 4.7 seconds on this procedure. The maximum speed of the car increased – 255 km / h instead of the previous 247 km / h.
Masters installed special springs that allow you to make a car landing 25-30 mm lower. Due to this, the downforce is increased, and the car passes cornering at high speed better.
From the exterior, the Cupra Ateca received new 20-inch wheels, which shod in sports low-profile tires.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV