Crossover Jeep Compass got a new engineJune 4, 2020
Jeep Corporation on Thursday, June 4, demonstrated the compact cross Compass model year 2021 for Europe, which, in particular, became available with a new power unit.
Now the production of these cars for the European car market has been established at the FCA factory in the Italian commune of Melfi. Previously, cars were brought to Europe from Mexico.
The engine range was replenished with a 4-cylinder 1.3-liter gasoline supercharged engine, which came to replace the previous “four” by 1.4 liters. The engine is offered in two boost options: 130 hp and 150 hp and torque is 270 Nm. Together with the first engine, a 6-speed manual transmission operates, and with a more efficient 7-band robotic transmission with two dry clutches.
In addition, the European Compass received a 120-horsepower 1.6-liter diesel engine, a manual gearbox and a front-wheel drive system.
The all-wheel drive version has an exclusively hybrid power unit based on a 1.3-liter gasoline engine, which operates in conjunction with an electric motor and battery. The combined installation is offered in two performance versions: 190 and 240 hp.
In addition to new units, Compass has acquired a modernized steering system, and even more lightweight improved shock absorbers. Cross should go on sale this summer. The price will be announced later.
In addition, it recently became known that the Jeep Wrangler electric SUV will be better in all respects.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery