Crossover GAC Trumpchi GS4 changed the modular platformOctober 26, 2019
The Chinese company GAC has built its own modular platform.
The architecture of GPMA (Global Platform Modular Architecture), like that of other firms, allows you to vary the wheelbase, track, ground clearance and other key parameters.
In terms of dimensions, the new GS4 is close to the Mazda CX-5 crossover. Its length is 4545 mm, and between the wheels it has 2680 mm – 20 less than the Mazda. The crossover preserved the main features of the ancestor, such as mirrors mounted on the leg or darkened rear roof pillars, but was awarded with fully LED optics.
Inside, everything is arranged in a modern fashion. There are a minimum of buttons and two screens – both with a diagonal of 12.3 inches. One performs the function of virtual devices, and the second is the media system. Moreover, the volume control knob is not located on the front panel (only the buttons on the steering wheel), and among the basic applications, it is important to note the WeChat messenger.
So far, the new GAC Trumpchi GS4 can only be purchased with a 1.5 petrol turbo engine (169 hp), and such a motor combines with a 6-speed Aisin automatic and front-wheel drive. Later, other modifications should appear, including a rechargeable hybrid.
In China, the new GS4 will be sold in November.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles