Crash test Bugatti Chiron and Porsche 911 GT3 RS from LegoOctober 15, 2019
ADAC tested virtual collision simulation suite
German automobile club ADAC conducted a crash test of two cars from the Lego Technic series: Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Bugatti Chiron. First, the collision of models was simulated in a virtual environment, and then conducted laboratory tests.
The purpose of the experiment is to create and test a complex of virtual simulation of crash tests, which will allow in the future to abandon physical tests. In 2017, ADAC already crashed the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, which consists of 2,700 individual elements. Now the company was made up of Chiron by him – there are 3,599 parts in it. This constructor was released in 2018.
In the summer, the British edition of AutoExpress crash-tested a smaller copy of the Corvette ZR1, assembled from Lego. Tests included a collision with a barrier with 100 percent overlap at different speeds.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US