Coulthard: Senna was glad that I was his test pilotMay 3, 2019
In the role of Williams test pilot, David Coulthard worked with Ayrton Senna – in an interview with GPToday, he remembered that.
David Coulthard: “On the day of the tests, Ayrton worked with the car from early morning until late evening. He made the most of his time to improve the car.
Once I came to the tests in Estoril – that day he was working on the track, and the next I had to drive. I arrived at eight in the morning – the tests started at nine, and Senna was already there. And the next day, when I arrived at eight, he, too, was already at the circuit. He put on his headphones and listened to our talks. He needed to know everything about the car, he wanted to be sure that my comments could be trusted.
Later, I heard from Frank Williams that Ayrton was glad that I was his test driver. He trusted my comments. He told Frank that in the future I need to give a chance to demonstrate my talent. ”
- EU to tighten battery standards for electric vehicles
- The first images of the updated BMW X7
- Replica “Batmobile” with machine guns put up for auction – she is allowed to ride on the streets
- Kawasaki unveils hybrid powertrain for motorcycles
- Mazda CX-5 will be premium and will receive new engines