Coronavirus detected in Pirelli employeeMarch 17, 2020
Yesterday in Melbourne was supposed to pass the first Grand Prix of the season, canceled due to coronavirus, but not all employees of teams and companies immediately returned to Europe.
Pirelli confirmed – one of the employees’ test for coronavirus was positive – it was sent for treatment.
“Yesterday in Melbourne, one of the employees of the Pirelli team in Formula 1 passed a positive test for Covid-19. This staff member is currently undergoing appropriate procedures as determined by the Australian health authorities. They confirmed that the employee had no contact with third parties, which would require preventive measures for other people. Pirelli is closely monitoring the situation in accordance with public health policies and company guidelines, ”Pirelli said in a statement.
Pirelli employee is the second in the paddock to have coronavirus confirmed after the McLaren tanker.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant