Concept BMW R18 as the basis for the new model rangeJune 4, 2019
At the competition of elegance in Italy, the Bavarian manufacturer introduced the classic BMW R18 Concept with a new engine with air cooling. Such a unit will be involved in a separate line of models of the company.
The main detail of this bike is the BMW R18 Boxer boxer with a volume of 1,800 cm³, designed from scratch in the image of the BMW 60s and significantly increased in size. By the way, it has already been used in several custom.
The very same bike looks very stylish and vintage, which makes it unique among modern technological innovations. It is quite minimalistic and stylized as a hard tail.
The concept is equipped with a drop-shaped tank, a 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels, two Solex carburetors (typical of cars of the 70s) and a frog saddle. Nevertheless, the designer decided to make the headlamp LED. Among the electronics only starter.
The company has already confirmed the news about the line of motorcycles with a new engine. It will probably include a bugger, touring and a cruiser. The first was seen on tests in March of this year. It is expected that all the stories of the series will be shown at the November EICMA exhibition.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos