Composed of the top 3 most famous long-lived enginesSeptember 13, 2019
New powertrain models are often upgraded versions of successful engines.
Experts presented the top three most famous powertrains that have been relevant for decades. In the first place is the engine for the Volkswagen Type 1, which was used between 1938 and 2003. The “boxer” motor was originally developed for the Volkswagen Beetle model, and then began to be installed on other models of the brand.
In second place is the L-series engine from Rolls-Royce, which first appeared in 1959 and is still in use today. The first models that received these engines were Silver, Cloud II, Phantom V and Bentley S2. Currently, the successors of the unit are installed on the Bentley Mulsanne.
The rating is closed by the Ford Windsor power plant, which was first introduced in 1961 and still exists today. Initially, an eight-cylinder V-shaped engine was equipped with a Ford Fairlane, and then other models of the brand.
- Mercedes has published a teaser of the new all-electric EQS
- Ford Transit will use biodiesel
- Toyota stops production due to coronavirus in China
- Tesla Model 3 entered the top three best-selling models in Europe
- Mercedes has named prices for hybrid modifications of the GLE and GLC SUVs