Composed of the top 3 most famous long-lived enginesSeptember 13, 2019
New powertrain models are often upgraded versions of successful engines.
Experts presented the top three most famous powertrains that have been relevant for decades. In the first place is the engine for the Volkswagen Type 1, which was used between 1938 and 2003. The “boxer” motor was originally developed for the Volkswagen Beetle model, and then began to be installed on other models of the brand.
In second place is the L-series engine from Rolls-Royce, which first appeared in 1959 and is still in use today. The first models that received these engines were Silver, Cloud II, Phantom V and Bentley S2. Currently, the successors of the unit are installed on the Bentley Mulsanne.
The rating is closed by the Ford Windsor power plant, which was first introduced in 1961 and still exists today. Initially, an eight-cylinder V-shaped engine was equipped with a Ford Fairlane, and then other models of the brand.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web